[Greenbuilding] Exterior insulation retrofit

Bob Waldrop bwaldrop at cox.net
Fri May 6 19:55:32 CDT 2011

This method is probably a lot cheaper than new windows, besides being more
conservative of materials.  And you can then do something like interior
insulated window shutters which do more for the energy conservation aspect
than even the best window. If I had our house reno to do over, I would have
not replaced the windows. At least our old windows did not go into the
landfill, but instead were recycled and gradually over time because cold
frames and replacement windows elsewhere.

Bob Waldrop, Oklahoma City'