[Greenbuilding] low flow shower heads

Jason Holstine jason at amicusgreen.com
Fri May 13 14:32:31 CDT 2011

A very good question, to the extent that we get so many customers who
prefer‹even go out of their way‹a shower head or system for many bucks just
because of a slight shape or design difference‹bigger, rounder, oblonger,
squarer, whateverer. There are definitely performance differences though,
obviously in the potential water and energy savings‹most are 1.75 to
2.5GPM‹and especially in the pressure...many on this list would be fine with
a Navy shower or weak shower, but the other 99.2% of the populace is much
more picky. Durability and place of origin also factors.

The good side is the pre-recession interest in multiple-head showers has
died off ‹ b/c people realized they don¹t really need to be washed from 4
angles at the same time.