[Greenbuilding] low flow shower heads

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Fri May 13 16:59:20 CDT 2011

Fair enough. Though now I am imagining you listening at the bathroom door
while your guests are showering to catch any interruptions in flow.
My experience is that habits (and I'd consider showering behavior to be very
much habitual) are not the kind of thing everyone experiments with,
interrogates, is inclined to think of as mutable. But at the same time I
don't think this means folks can't come around, or learn to
like/defend/champion a new habit or device or practice. Some folks are into
experimenting, others might take their time, still others wouldn't be caught
dead doing anything different than they always have (according to his
autobiography, Woody Allen must cut his breakfast banana into exactly seven
pieces). I think some of use here are misinterpreting the observed behavior
of the middle category--those who wouldn't be likely to try out your shower
valve on the first or second opportunity while engaging in their shower
practice in your bathroom--as disinclined to experiment because they don't
immediately embrace it, or try it out.