[Greenbuilding] Humidity between multiple windows

Bob Klahn Home-NRG at dnaco.net
Sat May 14 17:57:13 CDT 2011

Nick,
I like the simplicity of your approach, provided you are allowed to
drill the probe hole.  One questionable point is relying on the (total
living space) -50 Pa with relation to outside air pressure as a measure
of the window's leakage.  I'd feel more comfortable isolating the window
unit.  It would be interesting to compare the results of the two
approaches.

I'm not sure what would be an appropriate pressure differential but 10
Pa sounds reasonable as a starting point; the ratio meets the old ROT.
At first thought, it doesn't seem that the direction of the pressure
would be critical.  Have to chew on that a bit.

[For those not familiar with pressure testing conventions, the pressures
are noted in pascals (Pa) and are usually in relation to another
pressure zone.  Cavity (between windows) pressure as compared to the
living space pressure.  The -50 Pa reading inside the living space is as
compared to the outside air pressure.  Outside air pressure is, by
definition, 0 Pa because it it the base reference point for both
measurements. The inside pressure differential is typically created/
held with a blower door.]

Bob Klahn