[Greenbuilding] Returning member

Bobbi Chukran bobbi at bobbichukran.com
Sun May 22 23:08:10 CDT 2011

Hi all,

I'm a returning member who lives in Leander, TX, and a member of the
Austin Permaculture list and moderator of the Texas Homesteaders
list.  I've been off and on the list over the years.  We moved from 7-
acres/big house and bought a downsized home here in town four years
ago, and have slowly fixed it up.  Rudy finally retired from IBM
(early) last year, and now we're trying to fulfill one of my long-
time dreams of buying a vintage home and remodeling/restoring it.

We're about to make an offer tomorrow on a 1930s (!) bungalow that
needs a lot of work. In some ways, it's overwhelming, but in other
ways, it's exciting because it will allow us to basically start
almost from scratch and hopefully add a lot of "green" elements to it
as we go along.  We want to do this one right...tankless WH, good
insulation, greywater, a larger rainwater collection system, larger
garden, etc. It will be a challenge because there's no HVAC system,
it had old gas space heaters, it's covered with aluminum siding, and
has the original windows.

I appreciate the wealth of information and resources on this list,
and hope to be able to contribute something worthwhile.  (And thanks
to Bill C. for getting me connected again.)

bobbi c.
http://earthly-gardener.blogspot.com