[Greenbuilding] tung oil

Chris Koehn chris at koehn.com
Fri Nov 4 20:13:36 CDT 2011

Check out Land Ark products: <http://www.landarknw.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=18> Their finishing oils are largely a mixture of the materials you've been asking about, and even if you don't use their product, the info on it's use may be useful to you.
We use their oils on timber frames with good result. We tried a finishing oil on a walnut floor a few years ago, but had problems. I'm told Land Ark was putting a UV inhibitor into their oils that was causing the oil not to cure properly. I understand that problem has been solved now.

Chris Koehn
TimberGuides Design & Build
Vancouver Island