[Greenbuilding] Alternatives to Solarhart Thermosyphon Tanks

John Daglish johndaglish at free.fr
Sun Nov 6 15:29:25 CST 2011

Bonjour Nick,

Solarhart does a thermosyphon version for the French/ European? market which has the
horizontal tank in the roof.

Their multi-channel steel thermosyphon absorber is as efficient as a copper
pipe and plate harp absorber but they have the patent (perhaps finished
now? ) on that design.

The Swiss have developped (initiated by SPF) a quite efficient
"compact" solar  domestic hot water heater system design for the european
climate. They can get up to 80% efficiency in the Suisse climate.
It is a variable flow pumped drainback system that maximises water
temperature. In conjunction with with a well designed statified tank
design a small high temperature quantity of water is maintained for
small uses avoiding the backup heater or electric coil coming on.

Cordialement

--
John DAGLISH,
Paris, France