[Greenbuilding] net zero landscaping

Sacie Lambertson sacie.lambertson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 09:34:46 CST 2011

And, as long as I'm on a sustainable kick (the most recent ASLA newsletter
appeared in my in box this morning), here is a good article concerned the
wisdom of designing a system that uses the water off your roof to take care
of plant needs around the house.  Preaching to the choir, I know, but
useful nonetheless.  IMO water needs are going to be a big issue over the
coming decades.  I was shocked, for instance to hear on NPR yesterday,
farmers use 85% of the water being sucked out of the Ogalalla Aquifer here
in Kansas.  Shocked.  This is the aquifer across which that oil pipeline
was meant to go until the folks in Nebraska, north of us, raised a ruckus.

http://dirt.asla.org/2011/11/10/why-use-ipe-when-you-can-have-black-locust/

Sacie