[Greenbuilding] A tile-setting dilemma around a toilet

Bob klahn Home-NRG at dnaco.net
Wed Nov 16 12:59:10 CST 2011

Kathy,pipe
I fought a similar problem where I had built up / reinforced the floor
under a toilet where the termites had been busy.

The extended wax ring alone was not enough to assure a seal over time.
Perhaps with tile it would be, but I found an extension pipe flange
which appears to be made for just such situations.
Alas, I didn't find it soon enough to save the floor.

You might want to check with plumbing supply shops; it doesn't seem to
be standard enough to be in the 'big box' hardware stores around here.
Good luck.
Bob Klahn