[Greenbuilding] heating water with wood stove - heat transfer/efficiency calculations?

Nick Pyner npyner at tig.com.au
Mon Nov 21 21:15:36 CST 2011

I think you are alluding to the guy down in Cygnet Tas. An old mate across
the river knows him. He says the product is well made but expensive and the
small one is probably a bit fanciful if you are to rely on thermosyphon. I
guess the small one is the one in the picture and I can see what he means
now I see the pencil sketch shown.

I don't think there would be an insurance problem but I don't know if it is
stamped with the plumbing code compliance. If it isn't, I'm sure it would
not be difficult to get it.

A aforementioned, we are looking at getting water heating from a wood fire
in a ski lodge using a coil in the flue. I'm inclined to go along with this
jacket simply because of the ease of installation.

Nick Pyner

Dee Why   NSW