[Greenbuilding] looking for best 4' and 8' fluorescent shop light

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 15:14:59 CDT 2011

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 1:07 PM, Steven Tjiang <steve at tjiang.org> wrote:

>  I went with the T8 for the closets because the strips are readily
> available and cheap and T5's in the kitchen.  I'd just let form-factor and
> fit decided.  I just bought the cheapest thing at Home depot.  No problems.

I guess I should rephrase my question: what is the highest lumens/watt ratio
you are aware of in a fluorescent fixture? Who makes it? Does it come in a
one-tube fixture? What are pros and cons of one vs. two tube?
Or, more simply, what fluorescent tube light fixture/lamp/ballast package
(4' and 8' versions ideally) will illuminate my basement with the fewest
watts?

Thanks.