[Greenbuilding] Fwd: PH APPLIANCES

Steven Tjiang steve at tjiang.org
Wed Oct 5 08:30:25 CDT 2011

Here is what we have (in our near-PH).

cooktop: Bosch 36" induction cooktop.  We bought the bosch for the looks and
better timers.  You can set a timer on each element separately and timer
expiration turns off the element.  Most other cooktops only have a single
timer that doesn't control anything.  The Thermador units are the same as
the bosch but costs $1000 more (The manuals and features are nearly
identical though the units look a bit different).  We also bought the basic
Bosch model....the higher end model has this sensing technology that we
would never use.

condensing dryer and washer: Both bosch 24".  Seems to work fine.  They're
small --- most US customers expect larger units.  Dryer takes a long time (2
hours +) but that appears to be the nature of condensing dryers.

---- Steve (KZ6LSD)