[Greenbuilding] your favorite battery charger (AA, AAA, etc.)?

larencorie LarenCorie at axilar.net
Sat Oct 8 15:10:51 CDT 2011

From: Reuben Deumling <9watts at gmail.com>

> Do any of you have an excellent charger you can recommend?
> that is still available?
>
> I would prefer a solar powered charger, but honestly in my climate
> and with the number of battery powered devices we have come to
> rely on I'm not sure that would be such a good fit.

> I don't have nor plan to use any other battery sizes.

> I also learned along the way that it is inadvisable to charge batteries
> together that have discharged to different levels.

Hi Reuben;

      What I use as my chargers is Solar lawn lights.  I bought two
boxes of eight, that include AA batteries.   They are easily removed
for use in my radios and flashlights. I have other lights that charge my
AAA batteries.  On average I do not pay much more than $1.50 for
the light/charger with a nicad battery included. By having a separate
charger for every battery any differences in charging rates are
unimporant.

-Laren Corie-
Natural Solar Building Design Since 1975
www.ThermalAttic.com

Read my Solar house design articles in:
-Energy Self-Sufficiency Newsletter-
www.essnmag.com

Home base-LittleHouses YahooGroup
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LittleHouses/

 Founder-WoodGas - Power from wood
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WoodGas

Founder-RefrigeratorAlternatives YahooGroup
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RefrigeratorAlternatives

My Music: www.MoonlightRed.com

    "In the councils of government, we must
guard against the acquisition of unwarranted
influence, whether sought or unsought,
by the military industrial complex"
                        Dwight D Eisenhower