[Greenbuilding] Sure haz been quiet around here lately!

Erin Rasmussen erin at trmiles.com
Tue Oct 25 13:31:53 CDT 2011

I thought this was an interesting info-graphic to share:

http://www.fastcompany.com/1789771/infographic-how-long-will-it-take-to-pay-
off-those-solar-panels

I didn't feel like logging into the solar panel company to find it so I'm
sharing at FastCompany instead.

I thought it does a pretty good job of helping your compare the value of
some of the improvements to existing homes, although I'm deep into regular
building manuals just now.

I've got a 1950's tract house that I've been steadily working on all summer,
and when I was down adding plastic and sealing off the crawlspace, and
adding insulation to the attic, I noticed that the framing of the structure
seems a little light.  I'm trying to figure out if there's some sort of cost
effective method of bringing more sturdiness and structural integrity to the
house. And I'm trying to sort out, at least in my mind how to upgrade the
exterior wall insulation without totally messing up the airflow in the
house.

Cheers,

Erin

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 10:41 AM, Douglas E Lamb