[Greenbuilding] Sure haz been quiet around here lately!

RT ArchiLogic at yahoo.ca
Tue Oct 25 15:26:04 CDT 2011

On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 14:31:53 -0400, Erin Rasmussen <erin at trmiles.com>
wrote:

> I've got a 1950's tract house that I've been steadily working on all
> summer,
> and when I was down adding plastic and sealing off the crawlspace, and
> adding insulation to the attic, I noticed that the framing of the
> structure
> seems a little light.  I'm trying to figure out if there's some sort of
> cost
> effective method of bringing more sturdiness and structural integrity to
> the
> house.

Which components of the structure in particular seemed "a little light" ?

ie beams ? girders ? floor joists ? ceiling joists ? rafters ? sheathing
?  (and in identifying which of the above, providing an idea of what's
there (ie member cross section dimensions, span, loading etc) would help.

--
=== * ===
Rob Tom