[Greenbuilding] Carbon and Nitrogen taxes - was drying clothes

Jason Holstine jason at amicusgreen.com
Thu Sep 1 14:00:31 CDT 2011

Depends on the model(s).  I¹ve seen mock-ups to tie the tax to industrial
emissions permits, which itemize the source¹s pollutant(s) and its limit(s).
These are usually enforced at the state/local level, so would give the local
jurisdiction some revenue to further enhance enforcement or voluntary
prevention programs.  This obviously gets more complicated, therefore less
desirable and more likely.  Another model was a VAT, basically a sales tax
on consumption of everything. It¹s simple but distorted.  And a whole of lot
of concepts somewhere in between.