[Greenbuilding] Pretty pictures of passive solar

JOHN SALMEN terrain at shaw.ca
Thu Sep 22 21:34:57 CDT 2011

I don't know

The first picture (kitchen) has a sink in front of a large window which
would be sheer hell if was in a solar orientation and I don't see an
overhang.  I know spaces and looking at the sun angles actually think the
skylight usage and window placement would be quite harsh in some of these
spaces. You can see that in the education center photo. I would have raised
that ceiling and created a light well with transom windows.

This looks like a difficult building - assembly usage but with mixed
occupancy (sometime full, sometimes empty). Has to be pretty and appealing
but hard to make efficient.