[Greenbuilding] Induction cooking

Matt Dirksen dirksengreen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 11:20:57 CDT 2011

As far as pots and pans, there are tons of good choices out there for
induction. There are high end choices and very affordable choices. Frankly,
we have been quite happy with the pots we got from Ikea (Ikea 360 series).
And for the "exceptions", we have a flat metal plate which we place in
between the burner and a non ferrous pot. We put away the electric tea
kettle because it takes two minutes to boil our coffee water in the morning
on the range when the electric tea kettle took six to seven. I figure that
particular daily routine adds up considerably over a year.

What is truly cool is to pick up a cast iron pan with boiling water in it,
and the handle hasn't even warmed up yet.. on those rare occasions that we
need to do some deep cleaning.

Matt