[Greenbuilding] completely nuts?

Sacie Lambertson sacie.lambertson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 13:15:18 CDT 2012

Sure Anne, it does.  But the south side of our house is covered with
windows (some unnecessarily operable);as long as I can create a good cross
breeze by opening only a few in total, the effect is what is wanted.  The
house is contemporary in style and almost entirely open.  Up here in my
office I have eight separate windows all located above a bank of desk
space, five of which are operable.  That's silly when all I want is air
coming across the space..

So I guess it depends on the way the space is designed and where it is
located.  We don't have AC and are fairly well insulated, so in the heat of
the summer, fall etc, better not to open any windows.  Keeps the house much
cooler.  I should think a well insulated house in Boston would be better
kept closed in your humid hot summers too, or maybe open one on the top
floor and one in the basement.

Cheers,  Sacie