[Greenbuilding] completely nuts?

Anne Judge anne.judge at alum.mit.edu
Fri Apr 6 11:14:25 CDT 2012

On Apr 5, 2012, at 2:00 PM, Sacie Lambertson wrote:

> The idea of lots of windows that could be opened at that good time of the year seems desireable in the ideal, but in fact, at least here in NE Kansas, the reality is one opens only a few.

But that reality depends on the person, doesn't it?  Most of the late spring/summer/fall in Boston I have all 2nd floor windows open all the time (except after the mad dash around to the upwind sides as it starts raining), and all the 1st floor ones open whenever I'm there, as long as the interior is below 82ish.

On the other hand, I will admit there are lots of other things (not in building a house - I haven't done that - but say in appliances etc.) that sounded good enough to pay extra for, but never get used - by me.

Anne