[Greenbuilding] Tree inoculation against Emerald Ash Borer

RT archilogic at yahoo.ca
Fri Apr 20 11:24:04 CDT 2012

Just wondering if people on this list might have some experience in
dealing with the Emerald Ash Borer that is currently responsible for
thousands if not millions of Ash trees being destroyed ?

In the City of Ottawa alone, the City is expecting to have over 2,500
tonnes of ash trees cut from City-owned property for which they need to
find a disposal solution and it expects that number to increase to 5,000
tonnes by 2015.
		http://goo.gl/TvWpo

As is usually the case, pro-active approaches are more effective so I'm
hoping to encourage those in my community to consider a do-it-ourselves
tree inoculation program (rather than wait for the City to decide that
it's a good idea) whereby we find a source for Neem oil, do a bulk
purchase and then provide property owners with instructions on mix
proportions, dosage and application.

The video in the link below seems to indicate that it's relatively easy to
do:

  				http://goo.gl/iqKeU

I'm also wondering if perhaps our Southern US states listmembers might
know of more local sources for the Neem oil than its native India.

--
=== * ===
Rob Tom

< A r c h i L o g i c  at  Y a h o o  dot  c a  >
(manually winnow the chaff from my edress if you hit "reply")