[Greenbuilding] Old Nuclear Power Plants? RE: Give Me Your Old, Your Tired, Your Stinky and Energy Inefficient...

Corwyn corwyn at midcoast.com
Sun Aug 12 16:19:57 CDT 2012

On 8/12/2012 12:53 PM, Paul Eldridge wrote:

> FWIW, Nova Scotia Power's on-peak rate is currently 16.435-cents per kWh
> and that kicks in as of 07h00 each weekday morning between December 1st
> and February 28th; for the remainder of the year, the on-peak rate is
> 12.638-cents.

It seems to me, that instead of having set times and prices for peak
times, and trying to regulate technology (which changes much faster than
regulations), I would be better off if they used those smart meters that
we paid through the nose for, to broadcast the instantaneous price.
Then I could change my patterns on an instantaneous basis rather than
responding to year old (at least) regulations and predictions about
usage patterns.

Thank You Kindly,

Corwyn

--