[Greenbuilding] Philips L-Prize Lamp

Paul Eldridge paul.eldridge at ns.sympatico.ca
Wed Aug 15 09:28:59 CDT 2012

Hi Richard,

The two wall washers, the coach lights that flank the front entrance and
the post light that illuminates the walkway steps total 25.4-watts and
provide just enough light to safely make your way to the front door
without risking life and limb.

BTW, replacing the two CFLs previously used for wall washing offsets all
of our day-to-day interior requirements.  That includes:

_Kitchen_:  1 x 5-watt LED strip above kitchen sink
_Dinning Room_:  2 x 3-watt BA11s in picture lights and 2 x 2.5-watt
BA11s in buffet lamps
_Front Foyer_:  2 x 2.5-watt BA11s in table lamp
_Living Room_:  2 x 9.7-watt A19 in table lamps
_Home Office_:  1 x 9.7-watt A19 in table lamp and 2 x 3-watt BA11s in
picture lights
_Media Room_:  1 x 8-watt A19 in table lamp

And with a few more watts to spare I might add (just my way of giving
old Jevon the middle finger).

To give you a better sense of the amount of light produced by these BA11
lamps, I took the following picture in a room with a good amount of
daylight.  As noted above, the picture light is 3-watts and the two
buffet lamps are 2.5-watts each.

See: http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo69/HereinHalifax/BA11-0.jpg

The picture below is a close-up of the two lamps.  The one on the left
is a 3-watt blunt tip and the one on the right, a 2.5-watt flame tip
(the 2-watt BA11s used in the exterior fixtures are similar to the one
shown on the left).

See: http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo69/HereinHalifax/BA11-1.jpg

Regards,
Paul