[Greenbuilding] a devil's bargain

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 14:27:11 CDT 2012

There is so much myopia in that article it is hard to know where to start.

"exports would likely reduce global greenhouse gas emissions"
No fossil fuels (extracted and burned) reduce greenhouse gas emissions
unless we subscribe to an Alice in Wonderland logic. The argument he's
implicitly making is that natural gas has a lower carbon footprint per BTU
than coal is irrelevant because we have no framework in place, have barely
started the conversation about the need to keep it all in the ground. Until
then powerful interests have all kinds of reasons to drill and frack and
sell and burn it all.

"Blocking exports wouldn’t push natural gas into automobiles — it would
mostly keep it in the ground, because there would be less incentive to
extract it."

Levi says that as it it were a bad thing.