[Greenbuilding] ok - why do houses have to have stay the same tempinside?

Corwyn corwyn at midcoast.com
Sun Aug 19 11:52:55 CDT 2012

On 8/19/2012 12:34 PM, Kat wrote:

> This is the problem - give people super-tight, super well-insulated
> homes with climate-control that keeps temps to a small range and you end
> up with people who decide it's nicer to keep everything between 68 & 78
> all the time and they can't handle heat or cold.

A super-tight, super-insulated keeps the swings in temperature to a
lower amplitude, but you can have some variation if you like.  At this
point in the year, I just keep the windows open all the time.  This
gives me variation slightly moderated from the outside temps.  In the
height of summer, I close windows during the day, and open them at
night.  Later in the fall, I will be doing the reverse.  Insulaters, it
turns out, CAN be choosers. :-)

Thank You Kindly,

Corwyn

--