[Greenbuilding] Pussy Riot

Gennaro Brooks-Church - Eco Brooklyn info at ecobrooklyn.com
Sun Aug 19 13:57:00 CDT 2012

Hi,
I have not read The Red Queen. Looks informative.
My one issue with the theory that men killed the goddess is that if
everything is connected (a central theme of Goddess theory), then
women are just as much to blame as men for the state of religion etc.
Why have women not kept men in check? Are they such passive victims
that they can't stop such a colossal destruction of the planet? I see
a lot of sense in the Goddess as controlled by patriarchy argument. It
is the party line for many people.

But that puts the blame on men as oppressors and takes the blame away
from other creatures who are victims, which is too simplistic and
black and white IMO. There are many times more insect mass than human
mass. Why have insects not stopped humans from destroying the planet?

It may indeed be that male and female energy became distorted but if
it was due to men seeing an opportunity to control other life
including reproduction of women, why would they do that? I am not sure
men benefit on a genetic level from such actions. HUMANS, on the other
hand may benefit genetically from such actions, in which case maybe
the situation of some humans oppressing other life forms (including
other humans) would make sense from an evolutionary view.

I'm going to bow out now because this stuff is totally over my head
and I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Gennaro Brooks-Church
Director, Eco Brooklyn Inc.
Cell: 1 347 244 3016 USA
www.EcoBrooklyn.com