[Greenbuilding] Interior Storm Windows

John Salmen terrain at shaw.ca
Sat Dec 1 10:43:40 CST 2012

We use magnets (strong rare earth) for attachment of screens –for an
exterior storm window the mags can be recessed into sash or frame from the
interior to avoid damaging the exterior (to within an 1/8 or ¼ of exterior
wood – depending on magnet strength). A magnet cup or washer can be screwed
to the sash (countersunk slightly or proud to allow weatherstripping
compression ). Can be a very strong simple attachment capable of
withstanding heavy winds.