[Greenbuilding] MaP Premium - the best toilets

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 14:16:08 CST 2012

This is fun!

The Canadians who have developed a superior test protocol for toilets have
recently added a new tier to help us differentiate the toilets that
(a) use 4 liters or less per flush, and
(b) score at 600g or above on their test.

This is something I've been interested in for years, and just this morning
I heard back from Bill Gauley that they have a page on their website
devoted to this. Here it is:
http://www.map-testing.com/info/menu/map-premium.html
and here's the table you can get to from the above link:
http://www.map-testing.com/assets/files/2012-11-08-MaP_PREMIUM-HETs.pdf

The Niagara Conservation Stealth (0.8 gpf) which I recently purchased is on
the list.

What would be even niftier (some day) would be to have a third dimension in
this table, list price.

At $225 here in town (before any water bureau rebates) I consider the
Niagara Stealth a winner.