[Greenbuilding] New approaches to Septic?

RT Archilogic at yahoo.ca
Tue Feb 7 15:49:19 CST 2012

On Tue, 07 Feb 2012 16:13:11 -0500, <bill.allen at verizon.net> wrote:

> Are there any new approaches to dealing with septic?  All I have been
> able to find are the traditional tank and leach field or individual
> composting toilets.

Not really "new" but peat filter systems like this

http://www.septicsystemsontario.com/ecoflo-septics

are being used in this area (rural Kanata) extensively, even in rural
subdivision developments with over-sized McMansion crackerboxes, largely
because the rocky terrain with little or no soil overburden would require
the construction of a raised filter media-type bed for the leach field.

--
=== * ===
Rob Tom