[Greenbuilding] Floating Floor over slab on grade

Corwyn corwyn at midcoast.com
Thu Feb 16 08:54:14 CST 2012

On 2/14/2012 12:54 PM, elitalking wrote:
However, with these floating floors, I could consider locating
> the insulation above the slab, below the floating floor. This would
> reduce the thermal mass which would allow make the house more responsive
> to changes in temperature.

Why would you want to make the house more responsive to changes in
temperature?  The only reason I would ever recommend this is if the
house was going to be unoccupied intermittently (say as a weekend house)
throughout the winter.

I say put (lots of) insulation below the slab.

Thank You Kindly,

Corwyn

--
Topher Belknap