[Greenbuilding] More CO problems--equalizing solar batteries

Bob Klahn Home-NRG at dnaco.net
Sun Feb 19 13:30:31 CST 2012

I'm not familiar with that specific fan and I might be restating the
obvious, but have you ever tested the fan to find if it is truly venting
and, if so, at what rate?
I regularly test residential exhaust fans.  Flow restriction, mostly
because of ducting faults or just the flow resistance because of the
length (and or the fact that ribbed flexible ducting has been used.  If
I find more than 40% of the rated flow (on all but a few, top end fans),
I start looking for the leak or disconnect.

You could test the fan itself, with a capture hood and gauge or measure
the depressurization of the space with a sensitive manometer.

The other factor is verifying a source of intake air for the space, to
balance the exhaust.  Even a great fan probably can't pull against a
closed space; passive leakage is not likely to be adequate, especially
in an intentionally tightened house as I expect yours is.
Bob Klahn