[Greenbuilding] old question revisited-tankless heater

Corwyn corwyn at midcoast.com
Tue Feb 21 14:40:40 CST 2012

On 2/21/2012 1:20 PM, Sacie Lambertson wrote:

> Basically I have a well insulated shed attached to the building, with a
> shower on one side.

Well insulated, doesn't make much difference when the structure is
*unheated*.  The inside will become the exterior temperature eventually.

> the
> efficiency of small tankless for a daily shower where the incoming water
> is very cold (and not practical to pre-heat unless the plumbing were set
> up to come ultimately from a passive solar system--but this means
> glycol, a circulating pump and a holding tank) versus a tradition small
> hot water heater.

I have no troubles getting hot enough (actually too hot, even after
turning it way down) from a small tankless (Bosch) water heater.  Two
people, 45F incoming water.

As an aside, anything with glycol, a circulating pump, and a holding
tank, is NOT passive solar, that is active solar, so you may be
confusing people by using that terminology.

Thank You Kindly,

Corwyn

--
Topher Belknap