[Greenbuilding] 100 miles builds

Michael O'Brien obrien at hevanet.com
Fri Feb 24 15:51:30 CST 2012

Hi, Rob--

We bought our wood cement blocks from a company in Canada, as did several others in Portland. Those purchases helped pave the way for a local startup to begin making similar blocks here. The first houses were all on home tours, in news stories and generally promoted recycled content materials, to help create awareness and a market for a new type of product.

Best,

Mike O'Brien

Michael O'Brien
obrien at hevanet.com