[Greenbuilding] 100 miles builds

Gennaro Brooks-Church - Eco Brooklyn info at ecobrooklyn.com
Sat Feb 25 08:12:46 CST 2012

>I suspect rather that it gives them a simple rule of thumb
> which they can use INSTEAD of thinking.

We all know there are a million ways a system can not work. But I
think the benefit in rules of thumb it to make choices more quickly.

The goal is that we continue to think AND use rules of thumb, tweaking
our direction as things come up.

Nobody on this list is a stranger to synergies. In the case of
calculating carbon footprint most businesses have relatively small
amounts of material sourcing. This means when they take on a new
supplier, of say salvaged insulation from china, they can calculate
the footprint for that once. Next time they need to choose between the
Chinese supplier and something that comes up 100 miles away they
already have one rule of thumb calculated.

Gennaro Brooks-Church
Director, Eco Brooklyn Inc.
Cell: 1 347 244 3016 USA
www.EcoBrooklyn.com