[Greenbuilding] Cherry wood finish, was: Re: A question regarding sealing in VOCs [Ventilation]

Corwyn corwyn at midcoast.com
Wed Feb 29 13:31:38 CST 2012

On 2/29/2012 9:37 AM, Frank Tettemer wrote:
> Hi Don,
>
> I have used a hardwood floor finish, from Eco House in New Brunswick,
> http://eco-house.com/, called #270 Hardwood Floor Oil. It's made from a
> combo oflinseed oil, chinese Tung oil, pine resin ester, carnauba wax,
> citrus thinner, and uses lead-free driers.

What lead-free driers?  Plenty of things which aren't lead, I still
don't want to be around.  Driers tend to be heavy metals.

Personally, I like Polymerized linseed oil.  There is the downside that
you don't need to sand to refinish, so there goes that excuse.

Thank You Kindly,

Corwyn

--
Topher Belknap