[Greenbuilding] chandelier bulb recommendation?

Lynelle Hamilton lynelle at kos.net
Wed Jan 4 19:45:14 CST 2012

Does anyone have info on LED GU10 replacement bulbs?  I have a (egad)
Halogen light in my DR.  Because it's also workspace, it's on 10-12
hours/day on cloudy days. Thing uses 6 50W GU10s. I suppose the bulb
heat contributes to the ambient warmth, but my masonry heater does a
much better job, so this isn't a redeeming feature.

Yet, I'm loathe to invest $180 into 6 LED GU10s (at 35W per) without
some idea of how they actually compare.

Has anyone used these or similar?

Thanks!

Lynelle