[Greenbuilding] Battery Charger Works on Standard Alkaline (hacking AA & AAA for C & D)

RT archilogic at yahoo.ca
Sun Jan 8 14:58:07 CST 2012

On Sun, 08 Jan 2012 15:05:52 -0500, Benjamin Pratt
<benjamin.g.pratt at gmail.com> wrote:

> what i really need is one of these that will accept D cells. The
> rechargeable versions have no more storage capacity than AA's.

I just went out to the storage cabinet on a back porch where I store
"stuff" that I believe will be useful someday but have yet to make use of.
(aka "junk" in wymminspeak).

Reading the side of the box:

	`Fusion Ultimate Battery Charger & Adapter Kit

	Built-in OVERLOAD protection

	INCLUDES:
			* 1 Charger (charges AA & AAA Ni-MH cells)
			* 2 AA Ni-MH rechargeable batteries
			* 2 C-size adapters
			* 2 D-size adapters
			* storage pouch

Wrestling one of the `D`-size adapters out of the plast-echhh! shell
packaging there`s a hard plastic sleeve the size of a D cell into which
one apparently inserts either 2 AA or 4 AAA batteries. There`s a sliding
contact at the +-ve end of the hollow tube, nothing for the other end that
I can see.

So in answer to Ben`s question, I suspect that it wouldn`t take much to
hack a conventional charger to make it work for home-made C and D size
clones.

I just went to the store`s website (TheSource.ca  The Source being the
renmants of what was once Radio Shack here in Canada but unfortunately I
couldn`t find the item (so no link for you).

Can`t tell you how well it works because I just opened the box now.

--
=== * ===
Rob Tom

< A r c h i L o g i c  at  Y a h o o  dot  c a  >
(manually winnow the chaff from my edress if you hit "reply")