[Greenbuilding] Yes, but is it Green ?

sanjay jain sanjayjainuk at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 13 08:23:53 CST 2012

Corwyn,

I had assumed that the CO2 used for sodas was the byproduct of breweries. It seems like some CO2 can be recovered from "hydrogen plants, ammonia plants, corn-to-ethanol plants, and breweries" - http://www.uigi.com/co2recovery.html

Wikipedia: "In its dominant route, carbon dioxide is produced as a side product of the industrial production of ammonia and hydrogen"

If as you say, it's from chalk and acid, it's worse than I thought. Coke's main product IS a greenhouse gas.

~sanjay