[Greenbuilding] energy efficient square house

John Daglish johndaglish at free.fr
Sun Jan 29 12:20:57 CST 2012

Bonjour Rob Tom

In the UK they now use stainless steel wall ties pretty much, so no
corrosion problems.
If you have an engineer design the wall he can reduce the number of wall
ties, thus reducing the thermal bridges compared to standard practice.

Yes, Ancon one of the masonry accessory fabricants have a range
(developed by www.magmatech.co.uk)
http://www.ancon.co.uk/products/wall-ties-and-restraint-fixings/cavity-wall-ties/ties-for-brick-to-block-construction#tep1
TeploTie is a range of masonry wall ties made of a fibre reinforced polymercomposite material based on basalt fibre
(rockwool) for cavities of 50mm to 300mm in width. 17% plus performant thermiquement des attachés inox

Cordialement

--
John DAGLISH, B.Arch,1984

4, rue des Coteaux