[Greenbuilding] Roof! Roof! (was re: windows - flush vs recessed)

Stuart Fix sfix at renubuildings.com
Mon Jan 30 16:17:36 CST 2012

Hi Rob,

Agreed, R-2000 produces really good buildings, but PH produces even better
buildings. They're similar standards really, R-2000 junkies chant 1.5ACH
and PH junkies chant 0.6ACH, which one is right?

R-2000 pretty much is building code in Ontario & BC these days. The
decision for market leaders is where to go from there? You might think
that's far enough. Many people would disagree.

My comments about vacuum-filling refer mostly to the USA, where PH has
really taken off in the past 5 years, and R-2000 never got much traction
there.

Cheers,

Stuart Fix, P.Eng., LEED® AP
PHI Certified Passive House Designer
MASc. Building Science
Mechanical Engineer
ReNü Building Science Inc.

#206, 506B St. Albert Trail | St. Albert, Alberta | T8N 5Z1 | C.
780.554.8192 | sfix at renubuildings.com