[Greenbuilding] Roof! Roof! (was re: windows - flush vs recessed)

RT archilogic at yahoo.ca
Mon Jan 30 16:06:34 CST 2012

On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 16:28:31 -0500, Stuart Fix <sfix at renubuildings.com>
wrote:

> Yep, there is a lot of dogma in the PH world, and it's up to the more
> technically capable PH consultants to wade through it and
> reconstruct/translate proper location specific best practices.

> At the end of the day though, I'd prefer a legion of PH Zombies chanting
[PH dogma <snipped>
> over a legion of uneducated, uninspired,
> and generally useless race-to-the-bottom building designers/trades. I
> think that PH has filled a vacuum for a large group of designers/builders
> in North America who were wanting to build REALLY good buildings but
> didn't know how.

Ahhhhm sorry, but I'm having a great deal of difficulty swallowing the
above.

I think that the tools that Canada's R-2000 program developed ~ 30 years
ago
provided  designers and builders with sufficient means and knowledge to
build REALLY good buildings and did it without the dogma.

If one viewed the R-2000 performance standard as one views the Building
Codes (ie a minimum rather than a target to aspire towards) then the
principles & techniques are just as valid in 2012 as they were in 1981.

--
=== * ===
Rob Tom

< A r c h i L o g i c  at  Y a h o o  dot  c a  >
(manually winnow the chaff from my edress if you hit "reply")