[Greenbuilding] hotter water

Nick Pyner npyner at tig.com.au
Fri Jul 6 18:35:47 CDT 2012

I think i'm wrong and you're right. It came back to me in a blinding flash
while under the (non-solar heated) shower. I recall seeing a picture of a
solar heating system using two tanks. One was seriously big and the other
only about 100 litres, if that. I have no idea where it is, I never
understood it, and I can't recall any pipes visible, but I now believe the
little one served as an intermediate, i.e.  just another heat exchanger,
while the real storage was obviously in the large one. This would enable the
medium to be pumped rapidly through the collector while circulation through
the storage is kept slow - and gentle!

Nick Pyner

Dee Why   NSW