[Greenbuilding] hotter water

Nick Pyner npyner at tig.com.au
Sat Jul 7 20:09:24 CDT 2012

OK. I wish I could find the article. The big tank really was seriously big.
I suppose there are situations where climatic conditions are such that
trying to get all-solar is really a hopeless cause and a large tepid supply
for pre-heating makes more sense.

This is a bit like some work I am on at the moment with ski lodges. I
assumed that there were no gas heaters around because there is no
reticulated gas. It turns out that there is gas, so I suspect the dearth of
heaters is because they aren't up to the job. If an instant gas heater was
installed, it would need to be in tandem with something else.

More to the point, I imagine a really large solar storage tank would make
stratification worth pursuing.

Nick Pyner

Dee Why   NSW