[Greenbuilding] FW: ENERGY STAR Clothes Dryers Program Launch

Matt Dirksen dirksengreen at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 00:06:21 CDT 2012

I can then logically assume that a more efficient car isn't going to solve anything either.... Speaking of peak oil. :)

On a personal note, we really, really tried to line dry all our clothes, but when it came down to having to stick them back in the dryer afterward, due to the pounds of pollen on three kids worth of laundry, and the constant fear of deer tick exposure (Greenbelt, MD)... It became quite difficult for the sake of a few kWh's of electricity.

The least the DoE can do is create a goal so high that the companies will have to think differently in order to achieve it... Especially if they all work on the same principle.

Hmm, I wonder about a bicycle powered clothes dryer!? Any inventors out there?

Matt