[Greenbuilding] FW: ENERGY STAR Clothes Dryers Program Launch

Gary BIs gary at builditsolar.com
Fri Jul 20 17:54:39 CDT 2012

Its always puzzled me why Energy Star has not done anything about dryers.

A few ideas for drying clothes -- mostly already discussed, but I like Randy's
solar heated air clothes dryer:
http://www.builditsolar.com/Projects/Conservation/conservation.htm#ClothesDrying

Was talking to one person about their sunspace, which provided a lot of the
space heating for their house -- he wanted to spruce it up a bit, but not so
much that he could not hang his laundry out there. Seems like another great use
for sunspaces?

We have vented our dryer inside for the last several years.  In spite of all the
dire predictions of problems, we have had zero problems of any kind.
630 KWH a year energy saving -- several hundred lbs of CO2 a year.
http://www.builditsolar.com/References/Half/ProjectsConservation.htm#Dryer

Gary