[Greenbuilding] Laundry day on the GB List (was Re: ENERGY STAR Clothes Dryers Program Launch)

Richard Garbary richard6 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 08:37:02 CDT 2012

For at least 10 years, no dryer. Out of the front loader and onto
three drying racks (I call them trickle dryers) in the spare room.
Crack open a window in the summer time and everything is dry within 24
hours. Shirts and blouses on hangers. No ironing necessary. This
Whirlpool dryer
(http://www.sears.ca/product/whirlpool-67-cu-ft-electric-dryer-white/626-000153197-YWED9050XW)
 is rated at 5,400 watts. Just to evaporate water.