[Greenbuilding] Seeking your feedback for Rate It Green - please take a moment

Allison Friedman atfriedman at comcast.net
Mon Jul 23 15:32:25 CDT 2012

Hi folks -

Just a reminder that I would truly appreciate your feedback on the newly
relaunched Rate It Green green building resource.  I think the site has good
potential, but we need some testers and whatever advice comes with the
testing.

> Rate It Green (www.rateitgreen.com <http://www.rateitgreen.com/> ) is an
> online community and peer-review based directory for everyone interested in
> green building.   Rate It Green¹s mission is to leverage information exchange
> to further accelerate the growth of the green building industry, help build
> industry confidence and openness, and to provide a place for community
> building. Basically, Rate It Green supports both professionals and consumers
> in seeking information and finding companies with which they are more likely
> to enjoy successful long-term relationships.  This is a place to show off
> yourself, your company, and meet people and organizations with whom you have
> common interests.
>
> Rate It Green is an open directory and network, primarily focused on green
> building, and we are newly relaunched (weeks old!).

> On our resource, Members can:
>
> €    Browse our Directory and Community (also open to the public)
> €    Create personal and professional Profiles, determining how much
> information to share
> €    Ask questions and post thoughts, opinions and experiences to site
> Discussions
> €    Join Groups with people who have similar interests
> €    Add companies to the Directory (our basic profile, or a premium offering)
> €    List Products and Services (Basic or Premium)
> €    Rate Products and Services they have worked directly with
> €    Provide comments to share their experiences
> €    Directly communicate with other Site Members
>
>> Rate It Green¹s Basic product and service listings are FREE of charge;
>> companies can upgrade listings to add features and visibility.  Community
>> membership is also free.

I have been excited to keep hearing that a resource like this one is needed
­ because it's taken me years to get it right, I think.  Now, I really need
folks to test it out and play with it and let me know what works for you,
and doesn't.

I hope it's ok to post this here, but I feel comfortable as it's totally
free to become involved.  No sales pitch here.  Many of you know that I
built Rate It Green after I struggled through a green renovation (and really
didn't succeed) years ago.  I wanted a place where people could learn about
products and services BEFORE risking making a mistake.

I also know there have been discussions about what to do with this forum.  I
think this is a great group.  And I have advocated not making a change.  I
still agree.  But I can host any specific conversation on a topic you'd like
to record for easier follow up.  If you want to save your advice on a topic
so people can find it easily months later, then the type of classification
and discussion Rate It Green offers may provide an additional and valued
resource.  I can also create more specific groups for you, should you wish,
on a topic.  But here, I wouldn't change a thing.

If you can take a few minutes, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks very much,
Allison

Allison Friedman