[Greenbuilding] ENERGY STAR Clothes Dryers Program Launch

Sacie Lambertson sacie.lambertson at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 15:00:43 CDT 2012

Interesting Alan, we have loads of ticks here but, thankfully the incidence
of Lyme Disease is nearly nil.  That said, it is too annoying to find these
little critters crawling up a leg or attached to a body part, usually
discovered in the middle of the night.  So I truly detest them.  I had no
idea they have an affinity for fabric but at the same time assumed I
brought them in the house on a piece of clothing, probably, I thought, on
my shoes or socks, sort of accidentally.  Now I see a very good reason
towash all clothing after we've been outside
during the height of tick season.  Still am not interested in using a dryer
however.  I am almost positive there are no ticks in my wash, even though
it's done entirely on a cold cycle.

And I'll be doubly careful to make sure nothing I hang up touches the
ground.  Thanks for the info.

Sacie