[Greenbuilding] ENERGY STAR Clothes Dryers Program Launch

Matt Dirksen dirksengreen at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 12:59:07 CDT 2012

Sadly, Kill-a-watt meters can't help with hardwired appliances or 3/4 prong dryer plugs (at least the last I've checked.) I've had a TED on the panel for years now and it is very helpful for the house as a whole.   (it's great watching children run around and turn lights off as a habit!) And I can certainly run upstairs and watch the "spike" when the dryer goes on. Honestly, its nothing compared to the old AC system I have.

Regardless, I was suggesting it as a way to "keep it in the face" of us users out there, as a constant reminder. Like the Prius drivers out there, who now admit to trying to "drive more efficiently" because the computer screen in front of them shows them their MPG right in front of them.

Matt

Matt Dirksen
Case Design/Remodeling, Inc.