[Greenbuilding] Energy Star Clothes Dryers Program Launch

David Bergman bergman at cyberg.com
Mon Jul 30 10:00:18 CDT 2012

I think Jevon's Paradox gets overquoted and
overestimated as an anti-efficiency tactic. While
there's no doubt it exists to a degree, I believe
most studies have shown that the increases in
usage are not larger than the gains in efficiency.

I know I've read several such articles recently,
but can't put my finger on them. Anyone recall?

And I think a major exception cited is
televisions, where they've become more
energy-efficient but they've also gotten much
larger. But you can argue that there are two
separate factors at work there. Similarly for refrigerators.

David
David Bergman  RA   LEED AP
DAVID BERGMAN ARCHITECT / FIRE & WATER LIGHTING + FURNITURE
architecture . interiors . ecodesign . lighting . furniture
bergman at cyberg.com    www.cyberg.com
241 Eldridge Street #3R, New York, NY 10002
t 212 475 3106    f 212 677 7291

author - Sustainable Design: A Critical Guide
blog - www.EcoOptimism.com
adjunct faculty - Parsons The New School for Design